Our Replacement Process
Any home renovation can quickly turn into a bad experience if you do not understand the process. Renewal by Andersen of Des Moines wants you to be informed about each step of your window replacement installation, so there are no surprises or unanswered questions – just an expert team working in sync to install top-quality windows that have been custom-made for your home. Here is a brief step-by-step guide to our process.
1. We take measurements. A factory-trained professional will come to your home to take measurements that will be used to custom-design windows for your specific needs.
2. Our crew arrives. Once our team has received your custom-built windows, a crew from Renewal by Andersen of Des Moines will come to your home in one of our fully equipped trucks. Inside is everything we need to complete your job, including windows, tools and our own power supply.
3. We protect your belongings. We understand that an window replacement project can be very disruptive to you and your household. We will try to lessen the stress by carefully moving furnishings and valuables away from the windows and doors that will be replaced. We will also wear protective footwear to avoid tracking dirt and mud into your home.
4. The old windows are removed. Once your home is prepped, our crew will begin removing your existing windows. Our experienced technicians know how to do this without causing damage to your home.
5. Your new windows are installed. Once the old window is out, we fit your replacement window into the opening. If the opening has become uneven, a common problem for older homes, we will take steps to ensure the surface is even prior to installing the new window.
6. Your new windows are tested and sealed. After installation, we test every aspect of your replacement window to ensure proper operation. The small gap between the window and the frame of your home will be filled with a special insulating foam for a weatherproof, energy-efficient seal.
7. Finishing touches are made. The foam used to insulate your windows will be covered with water-resistant, insulating trim that coordinates with the color and style of the newly installed windows.
8. We clean up our workspace. Next we will remove the protective film covering each new window, shine glass, put furniture back in its proper place and clean our work area. The only difference you will notice is beautiful new windows.